If you are here that means you know your way around dolphin (Want to keep all your personal settings) or have a Non-Windows based operating system. If you do not meet the criteria above, Click Here to go back to the main guide with the preconfigured dolphin build.
***Notice For Mac Users***
Make sure you are on version 10.10 for Mac or later. 10.9 or older WILL NOT run dolphin.
Advanced User/Mac/Linux Download:
Pm SD Netplay V3 Mirrors: (Coming Soon)
- Load [folder]
- Textures for the gecko screen
- Launcher [folder]
- info.png (for looks)
- Config [folder]
- (These are here if you desire to use the preconfig settings but cannot use Windows/Portable Build)
- SmashLadder [Folder]
- Assets for a custom Dolphin Skin
What is needed:
(At this point, it is assumed you have installed dolphin. If you have not, please install it now).
1) Download and Extract All the contents:
2) To apply a few of the setting/load textures, you will have to find your Root Dolphin Folder:
Windows go to Documents > Dolphin Emulator.
Mac go to ~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/ (Few pictures to help find the base folder: http://imgur.com/a/4L3WJ)
Linux go to User/Dolphin
From here, merge (Copy/Paste or Drag/Drop) your Load and Config Folder (Config IS Optional. It is the most recommended settings) with the one currently in there:
3) There are two methods in linking/using the SD.Raw got Project M.
Method 1) In Dolphin, go to Config > Paths > SD Card Path and select the sd.raw in the Advanced PM SD v3 Folder you extracted:
Method 2) In your root Dolphin Folder, go to Wii and drag and drop (replace if needed) the sd.raw there.
4) Place the Launcher Folder and your Brawl ISO into the same directory as the rest of your ISOs. Then in dolphin, click browse and select the launcher folder (Advanced Users: You can simply browse for the launcher folder for the PMNetplayV3.elf if you do not want to go through all the hassle):
5) In Dolphin, right click your Brawl.Iso and set it as the default.
To make sure you made Brawl your defaut ISO, go to Config > Paths to clarify. Also make sure your Wii Nand Root is directed towards the FOLDER that contains the sd.raw that you placed earlier. If it is not, click on the "..." and direct it to Documents > Dolphin Emulator > Wii:
6) Go to Config > General. Make sure "Enable Cheats" is selected. Go to Config > Wii. Make sure "Insert SD" is selected.
7) Go to Graphics > Hacks and make sure the top 3 are selected. Also go over to Advanced and Click Load Custom Textures:
8) Click on the PMNetplayV3.elf. This will forward to the Customized Gecko OS Launcher where it applies the SD Card Codes. From then, just press "A" to Launch Game. DO NOT PRESS START!
To Netplay (All Users):
9) Click "Tools" > "Start Netplay":
9.1) Click on the host tab and select "PMNetplayV3.elf:"
9.2) Copy the Host Code and share it with your opponent for them to connect:
9.3) Once they join, set buffer (1 buffer per 8 ms) and click "Start:"
***NOTE: BUFFER IS NOW PING DIVIDED BY 8***
(Don't worry. Instead of each pad buffer = 1/2 a frame, it is now 1/4 of a frame. The system is more fine tuned)
9.4) On the Connect Tab, insert the Host Code and press "Connect:"
9.5) Wait patiently for the host to start the game.
And That's It!
Troubleshooting: (COMING SOON)
- Pikachu Overlord: Anther
- Lead Coder: PyotrLuzhin (Please check out his amazing content)
- Site Moderators: A-Log, Shmo, Tiggum
- Dolphin Dev Team: JMC47, Aestek, JosJuice, Helios747, mathieui
- Original Concept by: Rukario, E2xD
- And All My Lovely Playtesters!
Thank you all for your help and dedication!