What is 20XX?
20XX is a mod of Melee intended to increase the effectiveness of solo tech practice and provide an overall better playing experience. It features
The current version of 20XX is 3.02. There is a 3.03 beta which has more features but crashes often and a 4.0 beta which does not have many features implemented yet (such as CPU controls).
What You Need
- 1.02 NTSC Melee ISO (Will not be Modified)
- 20XX 3.02 File Replacements
- GameCube Rebuilder (Provided in Download)
Creating the 20XX ISO
1) Extract the contents of the Zip
2) Open "gcr_v1.0.exe" (GCR), click "Image", then click "Open...", then browse to and select your Melee iso. This iso will not be modified
3) Right click on "root" and click export. It doesn't matter where you choose to export it
4) Close GCR
5) Copy all of the files in the "File Replacements for root" folder into the "root" folder that you just extracted. When prompted, chose to "Copy and Replace" for all conflicts
6) Copy all of the files in the "File Replacements for &&systemdata" folder into the "&&systemdata" folder, which is inside the "root" folder. When prompted, chose to "Copy and Replace" for all conflicts
7) Open GCR, click "Root", then click "Open...", then browse to and select the "root" folder you extracted
8) In GCR, click "Root", then click "Save...", and save it as "GALEXX.iso"
9) In GCR, click "Root", then click "Rebuild"
10) When it is finished, move "GALEXX.iso" to wherever you store your vanilla Melee ISO for Netplay. You're ready to play!