This guide will explain how to convert a 1.00/1.01 to 1.02 for netplay or any other reasons. To do this, you require the following things:
- WinMD5 (or any other program you use to compute MD5s for a file)
- xDelta (or MultiPatch if you're on Mac)
- Melee 1.00/1.01 (dump it or find an ISO, not allowed to link. Here is a guide on how to dump games including Wii games however)
Once you have all 3 ready, let's begin.
- Open up WinMD5 or any program to find the MD5 and locate your Melee ISO and then compute the MD5.
- Check if it matches up with the following:
- If it's 1.02, you're good to go. You don't need this guide! Just play. If it's 1.00 or 1.01, you will need to follow the rest of the guide.
- Go here and download the xDelta patch for your version. If you need a different mirror, please message me.
- Open up xDeltaUI and set "Patch" to the patch you downloaded from MEGA, set "Source File" to your Melee ISO, and set "Output" to whatever you want to call the ISO or GCM.
- Press "Patch", and you should have your ISO! Report any issues you may have to me. If you need further help, message me.