Smashladder’s Chatroom Rules of Life:
Moderators are here to keep the peace and impeding their ability to do so through harassment or otherwise will result in punishment.
Deleted messages are considered warnings for your actions. Persistent deleted messages will result in a mute as it is constant infringement of the chat rules. The following, but not limited to, things warrant a deleted message:
- Risky Clicks; Inappropriate Links.
- Demoralizing Trash Talk/Shitposting.
- Spamming (including copypastas, continuous caps, blocks of texts, random nonsensical characters, etc.).
- Very Toxic/Crude Language.
- Excessive Swearing.
- Harassment (such as bullying, threats and targeted trolling).
- Callouts of any kind.
- Discussion of previous Moderation in Public Chats (privately contact a moderator if there is an issue).
- Excessive Salt.
- Racial/Prejudice slurs.
- Baiting or Participating in a Heated Argument. (Repeated behavior of posting "interesting" topics but not engaging in the aftermath)
- Witch Hunting (banding together against a user/mod; usually over a misunderstanding or with malicious intent).
- Threats, Wishing harm upon others.
- Click Baits, Constant Advertisement, Constant Begging, Spam, Phishing, Downloads (of any kind), Scams, etc. Continual disruption of this rule will result in suspension from posting links.
- Match requests/host codes/arenas in main chat.
The Following things warrant a mute (usually with a warning/depends on severity):
- Heated Arguments (If you must discuss it, take the discussion elsewhere).
- Hate Speech (especially race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity)
- Harassment of users, mods. Ban evaders, etc. (Harassment is up to mod/user discretion).
- Constant Disrespect of the Game/Community.
- Spam/Toxic Behavior.
- Chat Raids of any kind. (This includes plotting, joking or not).
- Outrageous Salt.
- Repeated occurrences of actions that warrant a message delete.
- Requesting toxic badges or somehow celebrating degenerate behavior.
Prohibited/Discouraged Chatroom Topics
- Graphic sexuality, sexual imagery or gore.
- Piracy (Yes this includes hinting).
Highly Discouraged Topics:
(Moderators have ability to end the conversation at any time)
- Drugs and substance abuse.
- Money Match Requests.
- Excessive salt or crude language
- Degradation of another User's character/being.
- Spamming is never allowed regardless of chat activity. If the flow of the chat is continually being disrupted, enforcement will ensue.
- Sexual Content/Malicious Links/Screamers (this will result in a 24 hour mute and link ban).
- Piracy (Direct or Indirect Linking of ISOs, ROMs, etc.) (this will result in a 24 hour mute and will escalate if repeated).
- Talking about any activity that may endanger your life or lead to your physical harm is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: suicide threats, intentional physical trauma, use of illegal drugs, or drinking excessively.
- The following are considered zero-tolerance harassment violations, and all accounts associated with such activity will receive an immediate mute at the minimum, depending of the severity: Attempting or threatening to harm or kill another person, posting someone else's personal information, such as a real name or location.
We have a variety of ways of enforcing the rules of the chat, including, but not limited to:
- Politely asking to cut it out
- A more stern warning
- Temporary Mute or Kick from chat
- Permanent Ban from a chat room
- Removal of any privilege on the site/restrictions on accounts
- Removal of Content
- Temporary or Permanent Suspension of an Account
*Moderators have the ability to make judgement calls when it comes to interpreting and enforcing chat and site rules*